Saturday, July 29, 2006

Assessing myself

An agent of mine once told me that most times, the person that you are in a long-term relationship with would have 90% of all the qualities that you look for in a partner. Yet, you still long for that remaining 10% that the person doesn't have. Because of that, if someone comes into your life who possesses just that 10% you're yearning for, you get blinded. You tell yourself, "this must be the one." You forget that he's only got 10% of what you're looking for, since you are overwhelmed with joy for having found that 10%.

What you need to do is to assess yourself. What do you really want? What/Who would make you happy in the long run? I think one of the important questions is, "Do I imagine myself being married to this person and being happy?"

A lot of people ask me why I take my relationship seriously and why I think of marriage at this point of my life. They say that it's too early. I realize that my pochim defines who I am. Where I am today and all the decisions I've made were influenced by him. I know it's cliche and it's been used to many times...but he completes me. Ü He has 90% of what I'm looking for in a guy and I don't care about the remaining 10% anymore. I mean, we can always compromise on certain things we want in our relationship.

It's been 6 years, pochim, and I feel that I still have a lot to learn about you. And I look forward to it. Every step I take from this point on, I want you right beside me, holding my hand.

0 comments: