Friday, August 04, 2006

Random thoughts involving my future

I've been thinking a lot about what I would really want to do in my life. Oftentimes, I find myself wonder if there is something else that I should be doing. Work tends to get boring and as my boyfriend had pointed out yesterday, everything has become a routine in my life. Work, gym, sleep, work, gym, sleep.

My mom tells me that I'm like the jack of all trades, master of none. She says that because I graduated with a degree in Economics, which I had totally forgotten all about after working in a call center for almost three years. I was really into baking when I was in college. Due to my schedule though, I never have the time anymore. And, at one point, I was into makeup and thought to myself if I was meant to be a makeup artist. I realized quickly however, that I don't have the artist blood in me. I was nowhere near creative.

When I was in college, I thought about pursuing graduate studies, particularly Development Studies, which I took up as my minor course. Today, I looked at the curriculum and I find it boring. So what I'm deciding on is if I want to get an MBA. This one, I would really have to think about.

Requirements are to have a bachelor's degree, to pass the exam and interview, and to have at 3 years of work experience. I checked the flowchart and I realize, it's gonna take a while to get a MBA. You can't really compare it to an MA or MS. The maximum amount of time to finish the course is 5 years. 60 units for regular MBA and 63 units for MBA w/ major. Ack! It's pretty doable, but I have to consider that I would still have to keep my job as a supervisor. Hay... decisions... This something I should really think about first.

0 comments: